Erf. Just back from Kiwiburn. More coherency later, and maybe pics, but:
- The Illuminati Temple went off. Lots of dancing, great tunes, no disasters, and I loved having a personal base in the middle of everything.
- Illuminati Shade Camp was a great place to sleep. I managed just enough sleep to cope, though not enough to drive home safely. Yay for
for getting the van back to Wellington.
- Scaffolding rocks. Our structure went up in an hour, down in an hour, and stood up to copious thunderstorms.
- The Mitochondrion (computer-controlled glowstaff) survived four days of mud, rain, spinning, and general battering. Consider me pleased. I rarely get to watch it do it’s thing, but I let Nick from Highly Flammable have a spin, and damn, he makes it look good.
- The Eye sculpture worked very well indeed, spun in the wind, and made a great hang-out point for people at the Illuminati Temple when they weren’t dancing. It even withstood an addled hippie hanging off it by her knees. It’s only made from 2 mm thick aluminium with a jigsawn edge, so I expect her knees are pretty cut up.
- Old School Techno – On Fire! needs to be portable so I’m not tied to one location when it’s lit. I shouldn’t leave it outside in the rain, coz the gas manifold filled with water. Oops.
- There were the usual ups and downs, but people I trust sorted them.
- Employing security guards was a very good plan.
- I met some very interesting people, mostly in Texture for the Soul, and finally caught up with someone I’ve been chasing around festivals for a year. Expect collaboration, eventually.
- There was lounging, with lounge tunes.
- My only speech was persuasive; my only
rantbold and clear statement of my concerns was accurate.
- I came away from KB with only one more project in my head. It shouldn’t be too tricky (but then again, I don’t know enough about MIDI to assess how hard it might be). Oh, and the footbath on the hill was awesome enough that I want one too.
- It’s good to be home.
- The Illuminati were asked to light the Man, so we must be doing something right.