10 magenta things, courtesy of fuvenusrs:
1) 50% duty cycle on the PWM driving the red LED, 50% duty on the PWM driving the blue LED. Bingo, magenta. (Well, in reality red LEDs tend to be much brighter than blues, so it’s more like a 30/70 split.)
2) The magenta boxes of Sultana Bran. Ideal for mixing up epoxy on.
3) The Magenta Diamond – both the performances and the tattoos. She’s off to train in Russia, last time I heard.
4) Assorted and occasional bits of tatjna‘s hair.
5) This is Magenta:
6) The magenta flowers painted onto the path we followed from Bowen Street to the Rose Garden.
7) Laser welding aluminium-lithium alloys. Above the weld pool you get a laser-driven plasma that’s far too bright to look directly at, and it changes colour depending on the alloy that you’re welding. Aluminium-lithium alloys are ridiculously high performance and give the most amazingly intense magenta.
It’s pretty much impossible to photograph or video, but it looks a little like this, but OMFG brighter, and with lasers on top:
8) I’m claiming this one for magenta:
9) And this:
10) And obviously:
One of the Fannies (V1.0) is assembled and working. It needs the fabric diffuser and some tweaking of the light curves and hysterisis, but it’s working. Now to tweak for added impact, plus make three more. Fear my soldering:
And Hitler’s subtitler gets a cheap font CD off eBay: